Preparation aids in maintaining your safety while driving.
There are several issues that might arise with your vehicle or other drivers. It’s important to drive safely, but it’s also a good idea to be prepared, especially if you’re traveling on a long journey.
Long journeys for semi-truck drivers imply that your cab is your home. Blue Horizon CDL’s truck driving teachers educate their pupils for extended travels. They educate their pupils on safe driving techniques, how to prepare for inclement weather, and how to respond if something goes wrong.
Having all the necessary equipment is a part of this preparation. Check your cab before your next journey to make sure you have all the following items:
- Cell Phone and Charger – You don’t want a dead phone when you are in the middle of nowhere.
- First-Aid Kit- It’s really helpful for any minor injury. This also includes any regular or emergency medication.
- Car Emergency Kit- This includes three emergency triangles, fire extinguisher, jumper cables and a tire gauge.
- Winter Kit- If you are traveling in the winter, be sure to keep a shovel, gloves, hats, blankets, ice scraper, and cat litter in your truck.
- Other Necessities- Pack plenty of nonperishable snacks and drinking water. A multi-purpose tool like a Swiss Army Knife is also helpful.
Hunger may strike at any time, and the weather can change, but being prepared can help you face any problems that may come. Prepare ahead of time and drive safely!